Tuesday 25 June 2013

Rose-coloured Starling

I spent last weekend in Norfolk for my birthday and on Thursday 20th June I was going to RSPB Titchwell Marsh which is a favourite. Previously, news was out of a Rose-coloured Starling at Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, so with a slight detour it became the first stop of the day.

Parking in Wells and walking to the area, there were a few birdwatchers waiting for a glimpse of the visitor. Sure enough it had previously been for a bath and was drip-drying at the top of the tree. The bright pink was shinning out within the green foliage and after waiting for about 20 minutes the bird flew down to the garden feeders.



As a garden bird recorder, I must admit that I was slightly jealous of the garden owner having an adult Rose-coloured Starling on their fat balls and also washing in their birdbath. What a beautiful bird, it is was only my 2nd record of Rose-coloured Starling too.

After a great start to the day, I headed to Titchwell Marsh with the dark rain clouds threatening overhead.


No comments:

Post a Comment